Your Emergency Dentist in Independence Will Help You Get Out of Pain Quickly
No one knows when an emergency will happen, but it’s important to know what to do when one occurs. As your emergency dentist in Independence, Dr. Garner has helped patients through countless urgent situations. By choosing Justin Garner Dentistry for your emergency needs, you can:
- Get the help you need within 24 hours
- Reach your dentist on evenings and weekends
- Restore the health of your smile
- Enjoy life again by stopping your pain
Don’t wait to get your smile back! If you’re experiencing an emergency, call us ASAP at 816-208-8327 for an appointment.
Save Your Smile From Dental Emergencies
Even when you’re careful, emergencies happen! Not sure if something is an emergency? If you’re in pain, you need help right away. Below are some of the more common situations we handle and actions you can take until you get here:
- Knocked-Out Tooth – If you’ve knocked out a tooth, find it immediately and place it in a glass of milk or container of saliva. We’ll try to get your tooth back in your mouth, but timing is everything. Contact us right away if you’ve lost a permanent tooth.
- Chipped 0r Cracked Tooth – While chipping or cracking a tooth isn’t necessarily an emergency, it is if you’re in pain. We can repair your tooth with one of our restorative or cosmetic treatments, depending on the severity of the damage. Even if you aren’t in pain, visit us ASAP to repair your smile since bacteria may be able to get inside your tooth through these areas.
- Toothache – A toothache can signal an infection in your gums or an advanced cavity. If you’ve dealt with this pain more than a day or two, see us ASAP. In the meantime, try to gently floss between your teeth where it hurts and rinse out your mouth with salt water.
- Broken or Lost Filling – If you no longer have your filling in place, this can cause pain from an exposed tooth root. Keep that area of your mouth clean until you can see us for repair, and avoid chewing on that side of your mouth.
- Dental Trauma – If you have trauma to your mouth of any kind, especially one that has caused bleeding in the soft tissues in your mouth, press gauze to the area and use a cold compress to suppress any swelling. Visit us as soon as you can.
While we always try to save your tooth whenever possible, removal can be necessary to protect other healthy teeth. Dr. Garner can safely perform your extraction to restore the health of your smile. After your mouth has healed, he will restore the missing tooth. You may benefit from dental implants for a stronger bite and better jawbone health.
We know how alarming it is to experience an emergency. Your emergency dentist in Independence can help you stay calm and get out of pain fast. For immediate help, call 816-208-8327 for an appointment. For non-emergency needs, you can request an appointment online.