Replace Your Missing Teeth With Dental Implants in Independence
- Eating all your favorite crunchy foods
- Maintaining your teeth with normal oral care routines
- No longer worrying about slippery denture adhesive
- Improved speech and a younger appearance
- Better jawbone health
- Implants that can last a lifetime
Get started today on a path to better oral health. Call 816-208-8327 for an appointment with Dr. Garner.
Enjoy a Healthier Smile With Dental Implant Treatment
Dental implants give your new teeth the foundation they need to give you back a natural bite and improved dental health. Because these artificial tooth roots fuse into your jawbone, you don’t have to worry about them slipping or moving out of place. Dr. Garner performs several types of implant procedures, depending on your dental health and jawbone structure. They include:
- All-on-4® or All-on-6 Implants – Dr. Garner will use either four or six implants to support an entire arch of replacement teeth. It’s less invasive to use fewer implants, and you’ll also experience a faster healing time.
- Single Crown with an Implant – To replace just one tooth, you can give your replacement tooth a strong foundation with a single implant.
- Dental Bridge With Implants – Rather than reshaping healthy teeth to anchor your bridge, you can anchor them to an implant.
- Implant-Supported Dentures – If you have dentures, you can secure them with implants. You will be able to take care of them like normal teeth, and you won’t have to worry about slippery dentures.
- Implant-Retained Dentures – These dentures are removable for cleaning. Plus you won’t have to worry about adhesive to keep them in place.
If you do not sufficient jawbone health, Dr. Garner can do a procedure that prepares you for implants. He may recommend:
- Guided Bone Regeneration – This procedure will regenerate the bone in your jaw to replace bone that deteriorated following significant tooth loss.
- Sinus Lift – If you need to replace teeth in your upper jaw, we can prepare your mouth by making room for your implants.
- Bone Graft – Using healthy bone tissue, Dr. Garner will rebuild your jawbone for implants.
Trust Dr. Garner’s expertise for your implant procedure. If you are ready for better oral health, call us today at 816-208-8327 for dental implants in Independence. You can also request an appointment online.
Common Questions About Dental Implants
Modern dental implants function as artificial roots for replacement teeth. Implants are anchored directly in your jawbone, like the roots of natural teeth are. Your jaw bonds to the implants to keep them securely in place. This provides a stable support system for your replacement teeth. By stimulating your jawbone, implants also reduce your risk of bone loss, which is common after someone loses teeth.
There may be some discomfort during the minor surgical procedure of receiving implants. However, you shouldn’t feel anything with local anesthesia. Once your implants are in place, you likely won’t be able to feel them at all! Replacement teeth attached to implants are also less likely to experience uncomfortable damage such as cracks or breaks.
While implants can technically be removed, there would most likely never be a reason to remove them. The dental implants themselves fuse with your jawbone and become part of it, lasting for decades or potentially the rest of your life. The artificial teeth we attach to them usually last for at least five to seven years, after which they may need replacement.
- Monday: 8:00AM-5:00PM
- Tuesday: 8:00AM-5:00PM
- Wednesday: 8:00AM-5:00PM
- Thursday: 8:00AM-5:00PM
- Friday: Closed
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed