Nourish a Healthy Smile With General Dentistry in Independence
- Enjoy long-term oral and overall health
- Get that fresh-from-the-dentist feeling
- Catch problems early on to avoid more extensive issues
- Feel confident about the state of your smile
Preserve Your Teeth & Gums With General Dental Care
You need to take good care of your best feature to keep it looking great. That means practicing good oral care routines at home, plus staying on top of any issues that come up. Dr. Garner combines his expertise with advanced technology to help you enjoy a healthy smile. Our preventive services include:
- Cleanings and Exams – We use equipment such as ultrasonic cleaning and panoramic X-rays, so these services are thorough yet comfortable. Dr. Garner will examine you for signs of cavities, gum disease, and oral cancer.
- Fluoride Treatments and Dental Sealants – If necessary to further protect your teeth from decay, Dr. Garner can apply fluoride treatment to strengthen your tooth enamel. He can also apply a sealant to the chewing surfaces of your teeth to create a barrier against cavity-causing bacteria.
- Dry Mouth Treatment – Saliva washes away bacteria. So if you aren’t producing enough, it can lead to additional problems in your mouth. If you have dry mouth, Dr. Garner can recommend products that will alleviate symptoms.
- Bad Breath Treatment – This issue is not only embarrassing but it can also signal concerns like gum disease. Your dentist will look for underlying issues and give you solutions to solve your breath problems.
- Gum Disease Treatment – If you show signs of gum disease, Dr. Garner will remove the infection with a deep cleaning procedure called scaling and root planing. He also uses PerioProtect, an antibiotic that will further treat the disease
- Mouthguards – Certain behaviors can lead to dental damage. We can create a custom-made mouthguard to protect your mouth from damage caused by teeth grinding or playing high-contact sports.
Common Questions About General Dentistry
Your mouth naturally creates a film over your teeth that becomes plaque. Plaque can harden into tartar, and tartar can lead to tooth decay and gum disease. By brushing your teeth twice a day and flossing at least once, you break the film before it can become tartar. When you visit us for regular cleanings, we’ll remove plaque and tartar from any spots you missed. We can also use fluoride treatments to strengthen your enamel and fight tooth decay.
Visiting a general dentist regularly is the best way to fulfill several dental needs in one location. Dr. Garner has the training, experience, and solutions you need to keep your mouth healthy and gorgeous. From regular exams and cleanings to dental implants, you will find a wide array of services here.
If you want a healthy smile, you’ll want a diet rich in whole grains, fiber, fruits and vegetables, calcium, and lean proteins. Make sure you avoid sugary drinks or sticky sweets, which can damage your tooth enamel. Drink plenty of water too! This rinses away the bacteria from your teeth and gums.
- Monday: 8:00AM-5:00PM
- Tuesday: 8:00AM-5:00PM
- Wednesday: 8:00AM-5:00PM
- Thursday: 8:00AM-5:00PM
- Friday: Closed
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed